- Spectra reflects on her experience with the celebration of Spirit Day as a queer woman of colour.
- Trans activist and indie game developer Merritt Kopas successfully crowdfunded financial support for her laser hair removal surgery.
- Some conservative pundit was bound to blame Hurricane Sandy on homosexuality, and John McTernon has earned that dubious distinction.
- [content note: abuse, suicide attempt] In her Human Rights Campaign Visibility Award acceptance speech, renowned director Lana Wachowski gave a moving speech about her struggles growing up as a trans woman.
- A study employs content analysis of a popular evangelical magazine to track shifts in theological approaches to homosexuality over the course of 50 years.
- The Nova Scotia Rainbow Action Project is working to have protections for trans persons enshrined in their provincial human rights legislation.
- Candace Chellew-Hodge writes about the problem with allied voices being valued over those of queer folks when it comes to telling queer stories.
- [content note: transphobia] Self-proclaimed equal rights activist Roseanne Barr has been posting transphobic tweets, and everyone is pretty much sick of it.
- Game developer Bethesda has clarified that gender is not a relevant variable when negotiating marriage in Skyrim. However, Skyrim has yet to allow for the possibility of multiple spouses.
Communications & Promotions Coordinator