- Patrick McNeil writes about the street harassment of men perceived to be queer.
- Expedia’s Facebook campaign features the story of a lesbian couple’s wedding; although many users have posted homophobic comments, over 30,000 people have liked the video.
- Through meditations on his relationships with his brother and their abusive father, Thomas Page MacBee writes about the challenge of growing a healthy, individualized sense of masculinity.
- Two dozen masked assailants attacked patrons at a popular gay bar in Moscow on Coming Out Day.
- [content note: cisnormative language] In anticipation of the coming American federal election, E.J. Graff writes about how identification laws can affect a trans person’s ability to vote.
- [content note: depression, suicide] The Ottawa Citizen commemorates Jamie Hubley and reflects on the changes and challenges that have transpired over the course of the last year.
- A brief analysis (and links to commentary) of Timothy Kurek, the Nashville Christian man who controversially pretended to be gay and immersed himself in the queer community for a year.
- Lizy Yagoda presents a statistical comparison between news coverage of Pussy Riot versus CeCe McDonald.
Communications & Promotions Coordinator