- Via NSWATM: an interesting article about the distress privileged people feel when their privilege is lost.
- The case of Jamie Kuntz, the American college football player who was kicked off his team after kissing his much-older boyfriend at a game, has proven to be a flashpoint for discussions of age-disparate relationships between gay men.
- The D.C. office of Human Rights has launched their first Transgender and Gender Identity Respect Campaign.
- [content note: transphobia, misgendering] An Oklahoma judge has been denying name change requests to trans applicants, citing the bible in his rulings.
- [content note: homophobia] A wrap-up of the latest toxic crap emerging in the ongoing US Presidential Campaign.
- A transgender father challenges breastfeeding norms and prompts the La Leche League (a breastfeeding support group) to reconsider the gendered language in its policies.
- Chick-Fil-A appears to be quietly backpedalling on its anti-gay politics.
- Olivia Davis defends demisexuality as a legitimate sexual identity, but not an axis of oppression; Renee of Womanist Musings calls out the appropriative tactics of some tumblr communities.
- A closeted trans soldier deployed in Afghanistan has been sharing his journal online.
Chelsea Edgell: Communications & Promotions Coordinator